This is an easy and delicious salad that our family loves. It’s perfect for this time of year when pomegranates are seasonal and the kids pick lots and bring them home.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 c. pomegranate seeds (you can use more or less according to availability and preference
- 1/2 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. date syrup/honey (if you use sugar, use 1/2 c. sugar and 2 T. honey)
- 1/4 c. grape juice
- 1/4 c. vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 t. mustard
- 1/2 t. salt
Put the romaine, onion and pomegranate seeds in a large salad bowl. In a glass jar, mix the remaining ingredients, shaking very well or blending with immersion blender (my preference). Pour over the salad right before serving and enjoy!